Royal College of Surgeons of England’s Quality Improvement project: Chole-QuIC4
Registration for Cholecystectomy Quality Improvement Collaborative – 4 (Chole-QuIC4) will close on 31 January 2023.
This is the fourth round of the RCS Quality Improvement project focusing on patients with acute gallstone disease and will implement the learnings from CholeQuIC, CholeQuIC-ER and Chole-QuIC3.
Chole-QuIC4 will focus on how you can improve your pathways for emergency gallstone patients, this will not only improve patient care but also relieve pressure on the system.
This project will use proven Quality Improvement methods and offer ongoing support to clinicians and managers to drive improvements in their hospitals. Each site will be given tailored support to make improvements depending on their local context and unique set of challenges. For sites that already have excellent eight-day surgery rates, the focus will be on ‘sustaining excellence’.
Each site will be given tailored support to make improvements depending on their local context and unique set of challenges. For sites who already have excellent 8 day surgery rates the focus will be on “sustaining excellence”.
- Support from clinical and QI experts through coaching sessions, email support and teleconferences.
- Access to a local data platform.
- Peer collaboration with colleagues at participating sites.
- Attendance at webinars and collaborative events.
- Specially designed programme to meet your trust or health board’s specific needs.
- The opportunity to improve emergency gallstone pathways, relieve pressure on the system and save your service money.
Watch the recruitment webinar here.