Job description for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Representative on ALSGBI Council
Nominations are invited from both Consultant and Trainee members of ALSGBI, the term of office will be for 4 years, taking up the post at this year’s AGM in December.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the membership and Council on equality and diversity issues
- Research, apply and promote diversity, equality and inclusion initiatives
- Support those who have experienced some form of discrimination
- To increase the ALSGBI membership of people from under-represented groups
- Work with other surgical organisations as part of the National EDI Network
- Provide guidance for the ALSGBI Academy Support Us group
Evidence of prior EDI training will be required. Please send in nominations to email@example.com by the 31st October 2022.